Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week) term only (39 work weeks plus a minimum of 5.6 weeks annual leave, based on years of service)
Salary: 8th grade. The pro-rated salary for 44.6 weeks of full-time full-time work is £21,799-£22,228 (year 8 full-time equivalent: £25,481-£25,991)
Located in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK, Ullswater Community College is a school with high ambitions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Attendance Officer to support school improvement by promoting a positive culture of attendance and punctuality among students at our popular community school.
Working within the attendance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure that all legal requirements relating to attendance and punctuality are properly met
- Create, develop and maintain positive relationships with parents, guardians, other professionals and external stakeholders and – of course – with students
- Monitor daily attendance and interpret statistical data to identify student absence issues/patterns
- Liaise and work collaboratively with other members of the pastoral team
- You will be motivated and have a good relationship. Able to plan and prioritize your own workload, you will have a problem-solving approach to your work.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is necessary, as is the willingness to undergo training if necessary.
UCC is a friendly and supportive employer with a lot to offer its employees. Our Staff Wellness Group and accessible leadership team work hard to maintain a responsive and professional work environment.
The benefits for you will include:
- Membership of the local government pension scheme, with generous employer contributions
- Cycle-work salary sacrifice scheme
- Free eye test program
Full job details and full school information can be found on the website (www.ullswatercc.co.uk).
To apply: Please download an application form and an Equality and Diversity form from the website, or contact us and we will send you a form by post ([email protected] or 01768 210206).
Deadline for submitting applications: Monday, February 28, 2022 at 12 p.m.
UCC is committed to protecting and promoting the well-being of children and young people and we expect all of our employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Successful candidates will be subject to a reinforced DBS check.
Employment at UCC is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order Amendments of 1975, 2013 and 2020. This means that certain past convictions and cautions are ‘protected’ and need not be disclosed; if disclosed, the school cannot take them into account.
We regret that only successful candidates are contacted